Friday, January 20, 2012

World War I Comes to Orange County


Lyon Air Musuem will be hosting a mobile exhibition of World War I
on Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm. (Image via Lyon Air Musuem)
History buffs (are there any of you out there?) will be interested in this: Saturday at the Lyon Air Museum in Santa Ana will have a traveling World War I exhibit that will be rolling through for one day.

The exhibit, which takes place inside a big rig truck, will have artifacts like weapons, tools, uniforms, and a walk-through trench that re-creates a battlefield. There will also be video, audio, news headlines and historical descriptors.

The exhibit will be set up behind the museum, which is located next to the John Wayne Airport. Admission is $12 and half of all contributions will go towards the National World War I Museum in Kansas City, the other half to the Lyon Air Museum.


World War I Exhibit
10 AM – 4 PM
Lyon Air Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment