|Brew, grub, and Orange County history? Count me in! The |
Heritage Museum of Orange County will host a beer tasting
with Bayhawk Ales this Sunday. (image via Heritage Musuem)
On Sunday, the Heritage Museum of Orange County will be hosting a beer tasting with Bayhawk Ales. Try a sampling of flavors of one of the largest and oldest microbreweries in Orange County.
In case you want something to wash it down with, there will also be six food trucks on hand, ready to deliver up the perfect complement to a nice cold brew.
The trucks (and their often hilarious mottos) include:
- BACON MANia ("unabashedly American, unapologetic man-food")
- Dogzilla ("not your typical wiener")
- Ranchan Ramen ("Miso hungry!! Bringing japanese street food to So Cali!")
- Mun-chee5 ("The Orange County based food truck that rocks your socks off!")
- Chomp Chomp Nation ("More than Singapore! Street Hawker favorites with American Twist")
- Pogi Boy ("OC's first Filipino Modern Food Truck!")
The event and parking is free and runs from 12 to 4 pm. To tour the historic Kellogg House, admission is $5 for adults, and $4 for kids and seniors.
All proceeds from the beer tasting will benefit the children’s educational programs offered by the museum.
For those who’ve never been to the museum, it’s a plaza of buildings from the 1890s surrounded by floral gardens and citrus groves. Included among these is the Kellogg House, a field trip favorite that teaches children about life in the Victorian era.
If you can’t make it out on Sunday, no worries, every Wednesday the museum hosts a gathering of food trucks to feed hungry patrons, which they call Museum Munchies day. You can check the museum’s Facebook page to know which ones will be visiting, but really, isn’t half the fun discovering new trucks?
And a note to Santa Ana residents, the first Sunday of each month residents get into the Kellogg House for free!
3101 West Harvard Street, Santa Ana, CA 92704