- Most Rev. Tod D. Brown, Bishop of Orange
On Sunday, the annual Blessing of the Waves will take place at the Huntington Beach Pier, where surfers, religious leaders and beach lovers will gather to show their appreciation for the ocean and give thanks for what it brings to the planet.
Scheduled to begin at 9 a.m., the annual event will include a prayer service and blessing of the sea, followed by what else? Some much deserved surfing.
For more information and pictures, visit their Facebook page.
Book lovers will want to visit South Orange County for the 4th annual Mission Viejo Readers' Festival. Beginning on Sunday at 12 p.m., attendees will be able to meet with celebrity authors, hear readings, watch cooking demonstrations, and enjoy performances from local dancers and artists, all for free!
Some popular authors will be in attendance, including:
- Baseball player Jim Abbott (Imperfect: An Improbable Life)
- Former prosecutor Marcia Clark (Guilt by Degrees)
- Children's author David Shannon (Jangles: A Big Fish Story)
- Actress Molly Ringwald (When It Happens to You: A Novel in Stories)
- Young Adult author Lauren Kate (Fallen in Love: A Fallen Novel in Stories)
- Young Adult author Rachel Cohn (Beta (Beta (Hyperion)))
- Chef/Owner, Zov's Bistro, Zov Karamardian (Simply Zov)
You can get directions and find out what other authors are attending by visiting the city's website.