Thursday, September 8, 2011

Jane Austen Coming To the OC!

An adaptation of Pride and Prejudice will be performed
at South Coast Repertory beginning Sept 16!
South Coast Repertory will be presenting an adaptation of Jane Austen's classic novel, Pride and Prejudice, with previews beginning September 9th through the 15th, and opening September 16th.

When I read about this I was sooooo excited! Normally, I kinda scoff at the trend of adapting movies and books into musicals (Carrie: the musical? No thanks), but I can't help but love Pride and Prejudice. I must've been the only high school senior that enjoyed reading the book for AP English class, and I've watched a lot of adaptations (yes to Colin Firth, no to Keira Knightley) and I'm eager to see how South Coast Rep handles the adaptation.

I've been to this theater a lot and I've always enjoyed their productions. I don't have a lot of volunteers to go with me, so I sometimes end up going by myself, and I don't know if it's because a theater crowd is older, but I've never felt self-conscious like I would going to a movie or restaurant by myself.

Tickets run from $20 to $66, with evening and matinee shows. I've done lunch and matinee, which is nice, but nothing beats going in the evening for a true "theater-going" experience.

A word of advice, I like to park in the South Coast Plaza parking lot and take the bridge over Bristol street. It's free and a nice walk through the hotels and restaurants next to the theater.

Pride and Prejudice
South Coast Repertory
655 Town Center Drive

714-708-5555

No comments:

Post a Comment