read the Register's article about the top 101 celebrities out of Orange County, I confess, I kinda yawned. I could already imagine the obvious: John Wayne, Gwen Stefani, Will Ferrell. But because I was on a lunch break at work, I impulsively clicked anyway.
I was actually quite surprised: apparently, we consider just about anybody a celebrity. Here's a rundown of some of the most impressive - and laughable:
- The person who finished 10th in the 2006 season of American Idol. What was her name again? Oh yeah, it doesn't matter.
- Marlon Brando! He lived in Santa Ana for two years when he was a boy. I was born in Santa Ana - we're practically homies!
- Whitney Houston lives in Laguna Hills?! What??? Why did no one tell me? Bobbbbbaaaaay!!!!
- Cuba Gooding Jr attended Tustin high school "for a brief time." Could you tell this was towards the end of the list?
- Norma Zimmer, aka the Champagne Lady on "The Lawrence Welk Show." Yeah, I know. What's a Lawrence Welk? ;-)
- The drama teacher in the High School Musical series. Sure, her name's on the tip of your tongue, right? It's Alyson Reed, btw.
- Jan Brady aka Eve Plumb lives in Laguna Beach! How come I've never seen her at the $15 dollar store when I go?
- Rage Against the Machine singer Zach de la Rocha went to high school in Irvine!
- Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland grew up in Huntington Beach
- A bunch of Nickelodeon kids I barely heard of. Maybe because I'm too old for that channel. Plus, I think you get put on some kind of list when you watch their shows but don't have kids....