Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Celebrities Out of Orange County


When I first read the Register's article about the top 101 celebrities out of Orange County, I confess, I kinda yawned. I could already imagine the obvious: John Wayne, Gwen Stefani, Will Ferrell. But because I was on a lunch break at work, I impulsively clicked anyway.

I was actually quite surprised: apparently, we consider just about anybody a celebrity. Here's a rundown of some of the most impressive - and laughable:
  • The person who finished 10th in the 2006 season of American Idol. What was her name again? Oh yeah, it doesn't matter.
  • Marlon Brando! He lived in Santa Ana for two years when he was a boy. I was born in Santa Ana - we're practically homies!
  • Whitney Houston lives in Laguna Hills?! What??? Why did no one tell me? Bobbbbbaaaaay!!!!
  • Cuba Gooding Jr attended Tustin high school "for a brief time." Could you tell this was towards the end of the list?
  • Norma Zimmer, aka the Champagne Lady on "The Lawrence Welk Show." Yeah, I know. What's a Lawrence Welk? ;-)
  • The drama teacher in the High School Musical series. Sure, her name's on the tip of your tongue, right? It's Alyson Reed, btw.
  • Jan Brady aka Eve Plumb lives in Laguna Beach! How come I've never seen her at the $15 dollar store when I go?
  • Rage Against the Machine singer Zach de la Rocha went to high school in Irvine!
  • Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland grew up in Huntington Beach
  • A bunch of Nickelodeon kids I barely heard of. Maybe because I'm too old for that channel. Plus, I think you get put on some kind of list when you watch their shows but don't have kids....
 To read about the other 101 celebrites, visit the Orange County Register's website. You'll be surpised by more than one!

No comments:

Post a Comment