Saturday, October 29, 2011

Tonight: "Murder in the OC!"

Former NFL player Eric Naposki will be the
subject of tonight's 48 Hours Mystery for a murder
he committed in Newport Beach in 1994.
(Image via CBS News)
I am a self-professed true-crime TV enthusiast: "Dateline" and "48 Hours Mystery" are my weekend rituals, and for whatever reason, I always end up watching them right before I go to bed, with visions of psychopaths and brutal murderers dancing in my head.

So imagine my delight(?) when I read on OC Weekly's website that a crime committed in Newport Beach in 1994 by an ex-NFL player would be the subject of tonight's "48 Hours Mystery"episode called "Murder in the OC."

Eric Naposki, who used to play with the Indianapolis Colts and New England Patriots, faces a  sentence of life in prison for the slaying of Newport Beach businessman William McLaughlin. His accomplice and McLaughlin's fiancee, Nanette Packard Johnston, will be facing her trial in the upcoming weeks. On tonight's episode, Naposki will be interviewed about knowing the real killer of McLaughlin (what a shock - he says it's not him).

There are also reports that the case will be the subject of a future Dateline episode. In the meantime, you can read up on the case at OCWeekly.com's archive (June, July, and July). For those wanting to tune in, the show airs tonight on CBS at 10 pm. I'll be watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment