Or, you could check one of the many things going on in Orange County that are all unique and at the same time incredibly typical of living here:
- San Juan Capistrano: Still haven't gotten your fill of summer festivals? SJC is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a $35,000 show-jumping contest, pony rides and Jack Russell Terrier races!
- Costa Mesa: Visit some of the city's most popular restaurants without breaking the bank during the city's restaurant week. Check out their site for coupons and special deals.
- Fountain Valley: the Orange County BBQ Bonanza continues through the weekend, promising music, drinks, activities for kids, and of course, all kinds of bbq.
- Mission Viejo: Famous funny people Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson will be at the Norman P. Murray Community and Senior Center, reading from their upcoming book, The Bridge to Neverland.
- Laguna Beach: Do you watch “Criminal Minds”? If so, some of the cast members will be at the Festival of Arts from 7 pm to 8:00 pm. Take pics, shake hands, try and smuggle yourself in Shemar Moore's pocket, no wait, that'll be my hiding place...
- Lake Forest: Get your skate on with the pros when the Etnies Skate Park celebrates the launch of its new wing. Watch the demonstrations, listen to music, grab some tacos!
- Santa Ana: Take the downtown trolley to visit the Santiago Arts District Art Walk or the "Posse on Broadway", where eleven venues get together for a block party as only Santa Ana knows how to do it.