Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Thai This On For Size

Tasty Thai's Pad See Iew is $6.95 worth of yum
One of my all time favorite places to eat is Tasty Thai in Lake Forest. It’s a small blink-and-you’ll-miss-it kind of place, and it’s located in a plaza that’s on the fringes of the business complex. The inside decor almost overwhelms the place, with bold curtains and a huge flat screen t.v. that takes up most of the front counter. I’ve always sat outside, and even though the parking lot and traffic zooming by is not exactly a breathtaking view, it’s still relaxing.

With Thai food, there are always several vegetarian options, so I’ve always gone back and forth over all their noodle dishes. This Sunday I had the Pad See Iew, which is a flat pan fried noodle served with broccoli, egg and carrots in a sweet soy sauce. You can choose a meat, but I always go with tofu and am never disappointed.

Likewise for you carnivores, the menu has a wide selection of dishes, from soups, curries, noodles, or stir fry. My friend actually went with an appetizer and chose a tofu lettuce wrap, and she substituted chicken. Served with pine nuts and onions in a light, creamy sauce, it was enough for a meal which we both complimented with a Thai iced coffee.

The tofu lettuce wrap is one of the menu's newer items
Incidentally, the best part of the meal for me is always the Thai iced tea. The perfect combination of sweet and strong, I usually drain mine before the meals arrive. This was the first time I had the iced coffee and it reminded me of what chocolate milk would taste like if it was made with dark chocolate.

The prices are beyond reasonable (the prices of entrees during dinner range from $6 to $9) and the service has always been great. Since it’s a mom and pop kinda place, the operating hours can be hit or miss, I’ve stopped by there after work many a time only to be disappointed to find it closed. But it’s definitely worth coming back to try again.

Tasty Thai
22722 Lambert St Ste 1704
Lake Forest, CA 92630-1618
(949) 461-7888

No comments:

Post a Comment