Monday, June 27, 2011

Deemer's American Grill in Laguna Niguel

Photo by Deemer's
One of the things I wanted to cover on Orange County Squeezed were restaurants I've been to and recommend - which would be great except for the fact that I'm severely limited on funds and dining out is not really an option right now.


However, I love to eat (maybe a little too much) and I still love scoping out new restaurants that sound interesting to me. I obsessively download the menus from these restaurants' websites, even though I have yet to visit some of these.

So what I've decided to do is cover restaurants I find out about, and send my info out into the universe in case someone has the scratch and the time to discover these places in person. First one up? Deemer's American Grill in Laguna Niguel.

This is an odd choice for a vegetarian, anything having to do with grills and American food tends to be very meat-exclusive, but Deemer's offers turkey, chicken patties or a "veggie stack" which they describe as zucchini, red peppers, mushroom & red onion in place of your standard 100% angus that they offer.

It's the type of burgers that got me drooling: they have a "Classic" (tomato, onion, iceburg lettuce, yawn, ect), but they have a "Californian" which listed as Monterey cheese, avocado relish (!!!), tomato,and baby spinach with herb aioli. *swoon*

There's a "Caliente" which is queso fresco (a mild and moist cheese), jalapeno, and "fire sauce" (I don't know what that is, but I'm scared of it already).

Other combos include a "Buffalo" a "Shroom" and a "Hickory Smoked" the ingredients of which you can read on their website. They also offer salads for the health-conscious (I've been told such people exist) and a few sandwich options for those looking to eat something lighter.

And! Wash this all down with a milkshake, malt, beer or wine. Or soda or ice tea if you're boring ;-)

From info I've collected on the net, the reviews tend to be in favor of this new place: the review from the Orange County Register was so positive it's what inspired me to check it out. Yelp reviewers gave it four out of five stars (out of a total of 37 reviews) and Google users gave it five stars (out of a total of eight reviewers).

I'll update my post if I ever get a chance to check it out, but if you beat me to it, let me know!

Deemer's American Grill
27221 La Paz Road, Suite E
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
949-425-8770

Open daily from 11:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good place for a healthy burger. I'm going to check it out next time I go the OC

    ReplyDelete